We’re always looking for helpful Customer Care Volunteers to be part of our busy Transport Hub.
The Customer Care Volunteer Program operates morning, afternoon and evening shifts, every day of the year. Shifts rotate every 4 hours and volunteers are positioned throughout Melbourne Airport’s International Terminal (T2).
The Role of a Customer Care Volunteer
To help create a great traveller experience by welcoming all passengers and visitors to the airport, while providing accurate and courteous information about the airports’ services and facilities. Volunteers also report safety and security issues.
Benefits of becoming a Customer Care Volunteer
- Opportunity to make friends and join a team of like-minded people
- Free car park within walking distance of the terminal
- Free uniform
- Reimbursement for reasonable travel expenses
- Invitations to corporate functions and training opportunities
Requirements of a Customer Care Volunteer
- Friendly, outgoing personality and a strong team orientation
- Customer focused with the ability to firmly direct passengers
- Strong listening, understanding and responding skills
- Physical ability to perform the volunteer role (i.e. ability to stand for a 4 hour shift and move about the terminal as needed)
- Ability to converse in English – additional languages are also highly desirable (i.e. Mandarin)
- Commitment to attend a minimum one hour shift per week
- Over the age of 18
Interested in volunteering? Send us an email at [email protected].