Melbourne Airport is proud to co-ordinate the Customer Care Volunteer Program (CCVP).
About the CCVP
The CCVP has been running since 2012 and was set up to provide visitors with a strong sense of welcome, while assisting them with information and practical needs.
The program aims to create a great traveller experience by welcoming all passengers and visitors to the airport, while providing accurate and courteous information about the airports’ services and facilities.
Melbourne Airport is enhancing the visitor experience for travellers and visitors from the very moment they land in the world’s most liveable city. Our team of dedicated volunteers work throughout the airport across the morning, afternoon and evening, every day of the year.
The Role of a Customer Care Volunteer
To help create a great traveller experience by welcoming all passengers and visitors to the airport, while providing accurate and courteous information about the airports’ services and facilities. Volunteers also report safety and security issues.
Benefits of becoming a Customer Care Volunteer
Are you looking for a meaningful and stimulating volunteering experience in tourism customer service?
Become part of a dedicated and enthusiastic team who genuinely care about what they do, and have a passion for Melbourne and everything it can offer to its visitors.
Not only is it a great opportunity to make friends and industry connections, it’s also a way to utilize your skills in a different way, or learn some new skills.
All volunteers receive:
- Free car park within walking distance of the terminal
- Free uniform
- Reimbursement for reasonable travel expenses
- Invitations to corporate functions and training opportunities
- An unrivalled feeling of satisfaction from being an ambassador for Melbourne
Requirements of a Customer Care Volunteer
- Friendly, outgoing personality and a strong team orientation
- Customer focused with the ability to firmly direct passengers
- Active listening, understanding and responding skills
- The ability to adapt to a high change environment
- Physical ability to perform the volunteer role (i.e. ability to stand for a 4 hour shift and move about the terminal as needed)
- Ability to converse in English – additional languages are also highly desirable (i.e. Mandarin)
- Commitment to attend a minimum one hour shift per week
- Over the age of 18
Interested in volunteering? Send us an email at [email protected]