Our airport forecourt is the busiest of its kind in Australia due to our single terminal building. Commercial users visit the airport often, and therefore operating conditions generally apply to those companies to avoid confusing the general public. Detailed terms and conditions are available in the sections below, but the general conditions are as follows.
- No buses (commercial vehicles of greater than 10 seats, including driver) are to access the elevated road of the forecourt (departures), except Wheelchair Accessible Taxis. Penalties apply.
- Buses are to drop-off and pick-up passengers in their dedicated zones, shown in the map below. Casual users are to use the blue Groups and Charters zone.
- Fees are payable and congestion charges apply as shown in the attached table. Take note of the permitted dwell time to avoid congestion charges.
The general definitions of each category are:
- Regional Buses, is only for those companies that have contracts with PTV to provide services to specific regions or routes, and are listed on our public web page.
- Hotels and off-airport parking, is for those services only.
- Groups and charters, is the remainder of ad-hoc services, including casual operators.
- Crew Transport, is only for airline crew transfers to and from hotels