By entering the 2018 Melbourne Airport Excellence Awards Competition (competition
), you acknowledge that you have read these terms and conditions and that you agree to be bound by them.
Information on how to enter forms part of these terms and conditions.
This competition is being run by Australia Pacific Airports (Melbourne) Pty Ltd ABN 076 999 114
of Level 2, Terminal 2, Melbourne Airport, Tullamarine, Victoria 3043 (Promoter
To contact the Promoter, please call (03) 9297 1089.
WHO CAN ENTER:
- This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in the outcome.
- The decision of the judges is final and at the Promoter’s absolute discretion. No correspondence will be entered into regarding the result.
HOW TO ENTER:
- To be eligible to enter the competition you must:
- reside in Victoria; and
- be over 18 years of age.
- Employees, directors or officers of the Promoter, any companies or agencies associated with this competition, or their immediate families, are ineligible to enter. This includes a spouse, de-facto spouse, parent, child or sibling (whether full, half, step or by adoption).
- The competition period commences at 9:00am AEDT on 1 March 2018 and ends at 10:00am AEST on 30 July 2018 (competition period), and the Promoter reserves the right to extend the competition end date at any time (subject to regulatory approval).
- To enter the competition, you must complete and submit an entry through the Melbourne Airport website at www.melbourneairport.com.au/airportawards during the competition period. The entry must include:
- Provision of personal details – name, address, email address;
- Nomination of a staff member that works at the Melbourne Airport estate; and
- A response in 200 words or less to the following question/s:
- No late entries will be accepted. Incomplete or incoherent entries will be invalid.
- A limit of one entry to the competition per person applies.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, employer and transaction value) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
SELECTION OF THE WINNER:
- The prize is:
- a AUD$500 Flight Centre Gift Card (valid for 12 months from the date of issue); and
- a Rolling Luggage cabin luggage bag and valued at RRP AUD$299 as at the publishing date of these terms and conditions.
- The total prize value is $799.
- The prize does not include any costs associated with redeeming the prize such as travel, meals, accommodation, spending money or taxes.
- The prize will not be transferable to another person.
- No part of the prize is exchangeable or redeemable for cash or any other prize.
- If the prize, or part of the prize is not available for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with another item of equal or greater value if the winner agrees in writing and subject to any approvals from regulatory authorities. If the winner does not agree despite reasonable attempts by the Promoter to reach an agreement and the prize is not available due to circumstances beyond the Promoter's control, the Promoter may substitute the prize with another item or items determined by the Promoter to be of equal or higher value.
SECOND CHANCE DRAW:
- The winner will be selected as the entry that:
- Nominates the staff member that is selected as the winner of the Melbourne Airport Chairman’s Excellence Award; and
- is judged to have best responded to the questions provided in the nomination form.
- If there are no entries which nominate the staff member that is selected as the winner of the Melbourne Airport Chairman’s Excellence Award, the winner will be selected as the entry that is judged to have best responded to the questions provided in the nomination form.
- The judging will take place at 9.00am AEST on 30 July 2018 at Melbourne Airport Management’s office, Level 2, Terminal 2, Melbourne Airport.
- The winner will be personally notified and the name of the winner will be published on the Melbourne Airport website at www.melbourneairport.com.au/aiportawards.
- The Promoter must distribute the prize to the winner within 28 days of the draw.
PROMOTION AND MARKETING:
- If the winner does not respond within three days of being notified that they have won the competition, the winner is not readily identified and reasonable efforts have been made by the Promoter to identify the winner were unsuccessful, they will automatically forfeit their prize and the Promoter reserves the right to select another winner through a second chance draw.
- If necessary, a second judging will be held on 6 August 2018 at the same time and place as the first judging. The judging will apply the same criteria as listed above, but will award the prize to the second best response.
- The winner will be personally notified and the name of the winner will be published on the Melbourne Airport website at www.melbourneairport.com.au/airportawards.
- The results of any second judging will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the results of the draw.
- The Promoter must distribute the prize to the winner within 28 days of the draw.
- By entering the competition, the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material all editorial activities relating to the promotion, including but not limited to being interviewed, filmed for broadcast and photographed, as the Promoter may require without remuneration. The winner/s agree to grant the Promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use any such footage and photographs in all media worldwide and the winner/s (and his/her companion) will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- Each winner also consents to the use and publication of their name, image and any other details provided by the winner in any marketing material without any further reference or payment to the winner.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend the competition and its terms and conditions at any time and for any reason, subject to regulatory approval, and will notify entrants of any such amendments as soon as reasonably practicable on the competition landing page at www.melbonairpor.com.au/airportawards. It is the entrant's responsibility to regularly check the competition landing page for any amendments.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports limit, exclude or modify the Promoter's liability in relation to the consumer guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law (Non-Excludable Guarantees Liability).
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees Liability, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the competition including:
(a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
(b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
(c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
(d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these terms and conditions;
(e) any tax liability incurred by the winner or entrant; or
(f) use of the prize.
- To the extent permitted by law including the Australian Consumer Law, if the competition is not capable of running as planned including by reason of technical failure, fraud or any cause beyond the Promoter's control, the Promoter may cancel or suspend the competition or invalidate any affected entries, subject to regulatory approval
- By participating in this competition, entrants release and hold harmless Facebook and Instagram from any and all liability associated with this competition. The Promoter and entrants acknowledge that this competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram. Entrants acknowledge that they are providing information to the Promoter and not to Facebook or Instagram.
- The Promoter is not liable for any tax implications arising from prize winnings, including fringe benefits tax. Independent financial advice should be sought.
- The laws of Victoria apply to this competition. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the laws of Victoria.