2018 Melbourne Airport Chinese New Year Promotion terms and conditions
- By entering the 2018 Melbourne Airport Chinese New Year Promotion (the promotion), you acknowledge that you have read these terms and conditions and that you agree to be bound by them. Information on how to enter forms part of these terms and conditions.
- This promotion is being run by Australia Pacific Airports (Melbourne) Pty Ltd ABN 076 999 114
of Level 2, Terminal 2, Melbourne Airport, Tullamarine, Victoria 3043 (Promoter
- To contact the Promoter, please call (03) 9297 1523.
WHO CAN ENTER?
- To be eligible to enter the promotion you must:
- reside in Victoria or outside of Australia; and
- be over the age of 18.
- Employees, directors or officers of the Promoter, any companies, retailers or agencies associated with this promotion, or their immediate families, are ineligible to enter.
HOW TO ENTER
- The promotion period commences at 10am AEDT on 15 February 2018 and ends at 12pm AEDT on 21 February 2018 (promotion period), and the Promoter reserves the right to extend the promotion end date at any time (subject to regulatory approval).
- To enter the promotion, you must scan the QR code and follow the prompts on the Promoter’s WeChat page during the promotion period.
- No late entries will be accepted. Incomplete or incoherent entries will be invalid.
- A limit of one entry to the promotion per person applies.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, place of residence, employer and transaction value) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
- The list of offers is below as at the publishing date of these terms and conditions:
- MaxMara: with any purchase within the Max Mara Melbourne Airport Store receive a complimentary silk or silk cotton blend scarf from the SS18 collection , while stocks last.
- Watches of Switzerland: $100 off any purchase valued at $2,000 or more. All Rolex products excluded.
- 00 off any purchase valued at $2,000 or more. All Rolex products excluded.
- Dufry: purchase any product from the Ocean King range and receive 1 x Life One Origin Bilberry 500mg, 100 capsules, while stocks last.
- BaXa: buy one tea and receive another free.
- Purely Marino: 20% off any purchase, not to be used with any other offer.
- Ugg Australia: 20% off any purchase, not to be used with any other offer.
- Out of Australia: 20% off any purchase, not to be used with any other offer.
- The Melbourne Store: 20% off any purchase, not to be used with any other offer.
- An Offer is only redeemable from the above retailers’ outlets at Terminal 2, Melbourne Airport.
- An Offer will not be transferable to another person.
- No part of an Offer is exchangeable or redeemable for cash or any other Offer.
- If an Offer is not available for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Offer with another item of equal or greater value if the winner agrees in writing and subject to any approvals from regulatory authorities. If the winner does not agree despite reasonable attempts by the Promoter to reach an agreement and the Offer is not available due to circumstances beyond the Promoter's control, the Promoter may substitute the Offer with another item or items determined by the Promoter to be of equal or higher value.
SELECTION OF WINNER
- The passenger will need to scan the QR code found on airport assets located in the International Terminal 2, upon scanning the code the Melbourne Airport WeChat account will open where they will be requested to follow the page. The passenger will then be directed to choose one (1) of eight (8) envelopes. The passengers can then scratch one envelope where one of the eight Offers will be revealed. The passenger will then be required to take a screen shot of the Offer and present this at the participating store for redemption.
PROMOTION AND MARKETING
- By entering the promotion, the entrant agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material all editorial activities relating to the promotion, including but not limited to being interviewed, filmed for broadcast and photographed, as the Promoter may require without remuneration. The entrant agrees to grant the Promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use any such footage and photographs in all media worldwide and the entrant (and his/her companion) will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- Each entrant also consents to the use and publication of their name, image and any other details provided by the winner in any marketing material without any further reference or payment to the winner.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend the promotion and its terms and conditions at any time and for any reason, subject to regulatory approval, and will notify entrants of any such amendments as soon as reasonably practicable on the promotion landing page at www.melbourneairport.com.au/CNY. It is the entrant's responsibility to regularly check the promotion landing page for any amendments.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports limit, exclude or modify the Promoter's liability in relation to the consumer guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law (Non-Excludable Guarantees Liability).
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees Liability, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion including:
(a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
(b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
(c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
(d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these terms and conditions;
(e) any tax liability incurred by the entrant; or
(f) use of the prize.
- To the extent permitted by law including the Australian Consumer Law, if the promotion is not capable of running as planned including by reason of technical failure, fraud or any cause beyond the Promoter's control, the Promoter may cancel or suspend the promotion or invalidate any affected entries, subject to regulatory approval
- WeChat, By participating in this promotion, entrants release and hold harmless WeChat from any and all liability associated with this promotion. The Promoter and entrants acknowledge that this promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram. Entrants acknowledge that they are providing information to the Promoter and not to Facebook or Instagram.
- The Promoter is not liable for any tax implications arising from prize winnings, including fringe benefits tax. Independent financial advice should be sought.
The laws of Victoria apply to this promotion. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the laws of Victoria.