1. By entering into the 'Win a Samsung Tablet' competition, entrants acknowledge that they have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, including this condition.
2. The Promoter is Australia Pacific Airports (Melbourne) Pty Ltd, ABN 62 076 999 114, trading as Melbourne Airport, of Terminal 2, Melbourne Airport, Victoria, hereafter referred to as ‘Melbourne Airport’ or the ‘Promoter’.
Who can enter?
3. Entry to the competition is open to:
(a) residents living in one of the following postcodes: 3036, 3037, 3038, 3042, 3043, 3047, 3048, 3049, 3059 or 3428;
(b) who are over the age of 18 years; and
(c) who are permanent Australian residents.
4. Entrants cannot be directors, officers, managers or employees of the Promoter, agencies or companies associated with this competition or any of the immediate family members of those persons.
How to enter
5. To enter the competition, entrants must be eligible to enter under clauses 3 and 4 and must send an email with the correct answer to the question 'what is the official name of Melbourne Airport’s new surf park?' to [email protected] between 12:01am AEST on 2nd May 2016 and 11.59pm AEST on 2nd June 2016.
6. The prize is a Samsung 8-inch Galaxy Tab A, valued at $299. The winner of the prize will be the first entrant who is randomly drawn from the valid entries. The prize draw will take place at 10am AEST on 3rd June 2016 at Terminal 2, Melbourne Airport, Victoria 3042.
7. The Promoter's decision in relation to any aspect of the competition is final and the Promoter will not enter into any correspondence in relation to the decision. This is a game of chance.
8. Where the prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute the prize with another item or items determined by the Promoter to be of equal or higher value if the winner agrees in writing. If the winner does not agree despite reasonable attempts and the prize is not available due to circumstances beyond the Promoter's control, the Promoter may substitute the prize with another item or items determined by the Promoter to be of equal or higher value.
9. The winner will be notified by email. The Promoter will deliver the prize to the winner within 28 days from the date of the draw. Entrants agree to having their name published on the Melbourne Airport Facebook Page, in the event that they win. The Promoter may require the winner to provide proof of identity, age and/or residency in the form of a driver's licence, passport or birth certificate. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion.
10. If a winner does not respond to the winning communication within four weeks from the date of the draw, the winner is not readily identified and reasonable efforts have been made by the Promoter to identify the winner but were unsuccessful, the winner automatically disclaims their right to the prize. Any such unclaimed prize will be awarded to the next randomly drawn entry.
11. The winner agrees to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the competition, including but not limited to being interviewed, filmed for broadcast and photographed. The winner agrees to grant the Promoter a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide for any purpose related to the competition.
12. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law including liability under the Australian Consumer Law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees, agents and associated entities) excludes all liability (including negligence), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the competition, including, but not limited to, liability arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late or misdirected (whether or not after receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; and (f) any use of the prize, except for, and to the extent that, the liability is caused by the Promoter.
14. The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify any entry and prohibit further participation in this competition by any person who tampers with or benefits from any tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the competition or acts in violation of these term and conditions, acts in a disruptive manner or acts with the intent or effect of annoying, abusing, threatening or harassing any other person, or includes any content in the entry which may be unlawful, profane, inflammatory, defamatory to any person or damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promoter.
15. If for any reason any aspect of this competition is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition or element of the competition or invalidate any affected entries, subject to law including the Australian Consumer Law.
16. The Promoter is not liable for any tax implications arising from prize winnings, including fringe benefits tax. Independent financial advice should be sought.