TERMS AND CONDITIONS - WELCOME HOME MELBOURNE AIRPORT GIVEAWAY
- By entering the ‘Welcome Home Melbourne Airport Giveaway’ (‘competition’), you acknowledge that you have read these terms and conditions and that you agree to be bound by them. Information on how to enter forms part of these terms and conditions. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- This competition is being run by Australia Pacific Airports (Melbourne) Pty Ltd ABN 62 076 999 114 of Level 2, Terminal 2, Melbourne Airport, Tullamarine, Victoria, 3043 (‘Promoter’). To contact the Promoter, please call (03) 9297 1523.
WHO CAN ENTER
- The competition commences at 10:00am AEDT on 13/12/2018 and ends at 11:59pm AEDT on 10/01/2019 (‘competition period’). The Promoter reserves the right to extend the competition period at any time (subject to regulatory approval, if required).
- Entry into the competition is open to Victorian residents only aged 18 years of age or older who have a valid personal public Instagram account (or who open a valid public Instagram account during the competition period), excluding:
HOW TO ENTER
- employees, directors or officers of the Promoter, any companies or agencies (or employees, directors or officers of companies or agencies) associated with this competition, or immediate family members of any of the foregoing. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- To enter the competition, entrants must, during the competition period:
- have a personal public Instagram account;
- be following @melbourneairportau on their personal public Instagram account;
- take and upload a photograph to their personal public Instagram account of the funniest or most heartfelt “Welcome Home” sign in Melbourne Airport’s International Arrivals Hall that they, their friends or family (greeting party) have made to greet a person arriving home during the competition period;
- caption the photograph using the hashtag #melbairportmoment.
- Each sign can only be submitted by one person in the greeting party.
- Only one entry per person can be submitted during the competition period.
Entrants will be judged on their creativity and be assessed based on its uniqueness either humorous or heartfelt messaging evoking the most emotion as felt by the judging panel.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s age, identity, place of residence, employer and that the entrant or their family member or friend created the airport arrival sign submitted as part of their entry) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who tampers with the entry process or engages in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the competition. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
- No late entries will be accepted. Entries are deemed to be received once uploaded on Instagram.
- The first entry for each airport sign will be accepted. Any further entries from different entrants of the same sign will be invalid.
WINNER DETERMINATION & PRIZE INFORMATION
- Incomplete, incoherent or inappropriate entries will be invalid, as will entries which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights.
- Eligible Entries will be reviewed and judged according to skill by Melbourne Airport’s appointed agency, iD Collective Ltd. The judging will take place at their Melbourne premises at iD Collective, 8 Fitzroy St, St Kilda, VIC 3182 at 9:00am AEDT on 11/01/2019.
- The winner will receive a $1,500 Gift Card from Flight Centre. Terms and conditions listed here https://www.flightcentre.com.au/gift-card-terms-and-conditions
- The prize does not include any costs associated with redeeming the prize such as travel, meals, accommodation, spending money or taxes.
- The prize is not transferrable or redeemable for cash or any other prize.
- If the prize (or part of the prize) is not available for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with another item of equal or greater value if the winner agrees in writing and subject to any required approvals from regulatory authorities. If the winner does not agree despite reasonable attempts by the Promoter to reach an agreement and the prize is not available due to circumstances beyond the Promoter's control, the Promoter may substitute the prize with another item or items determined by the Promoter to be of equal or higher value.
- The winner will be personally notified via the Instagram account they used to enter the competition within 2 business days of the judging. The name of the winner will be published as a comment on the final Instagram competition post published on @melbourneairportau’s account.
- The Promoter will distribute the prize to the winner within 28 days of the judging.
- The results will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the results. This is a game of skill.
- If the winner does not respond to the Promoter’s notification within seven (7) days, an alternative winner will be selected by Melbourne Airport’s appointed agency, iD Collective Ltd office (8 Fitzroy Street, St Kilda, VIC 3182) and contacted within 48 hours of the seven (7) day period ending.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend the competition and its terms and conditions at any time and for any reason, subject to regulatory approval if required, and will notify entrants of any such amendments as soon as reasonably practicable via the Melbourne Airport Instagram page.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify, the Promoter's liability in relation to the consumer guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law (‘Non-Excludable Guarantees Liability’).
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees Liability, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the competition including: i. any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); ii. any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; iii. any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; iv. any variation in prize value to that stated in these terms and conditions; v. any tax liability incurred by the winner or entrant; or vi. use of the prize.
- To the extent permitted by law, including the Australian Consumer Law, if the competition is not capable of running as planned including by reason of technical failure, fraud or any cause beyond the Promoter's control, the Promoter may cancel or suspend the competition or invalidate any affected entries, subject to regulatory approval if required.
- The Promoter is not liable for any tax implications arising from prize winnings, including fringe benefits tax. Independent financial advice should be sought.
- The laws of Victoria apply to this competition. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the laws of Victoria.
- There is no association or endorsement or sponsorship arrangement between the Promoter and Instagram. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Instagram. The information entrants provide will only be used in accordance with these Terms. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to Instagram.