We are taking advantage of unprecedented growth and planning for our future. In coming years, Melbourne Airport will serve more passengers, new aircraft and more flights.
As part of our planning, we have prepared the 2018 Preliminary Draft Master Plan for Melbourne Airport.
The Airports Act 1997 requires all federally leased airports to prepare a Master Plan every 5 years to guide the future growth and development of the airport over the next 20 years.
The Master Plan will be informed by community consultation and will:
- Set the strategic direction for the airport
- Provide a plan for the development of the airport site
- Indicate to the public the intended uses of the site and development proposals
- Include provisions to reduce potential conflicts between the uses of the site
- Ensure that uses of the site are compatible with areas surrounding the airport
- Ensure compliance with environmental legislation and standards
The 2018 Master Plan is now on public exhibition. This is the time when members of the community, organisations, service groups and government agencies can have their say on the Master Plan. To view the 2018 Preliminary Draft Master Plan for Melbourne Airport go to the 2018 Melbourne Airport Master Plan page on our My Melbourne Airport website and find the Master Plan in the Document Library.
To find out how to make a submission go to https://my.melbourneairport.com/masterplan/faqs
Submissions must be received by 5pm Monday, October 8, 2018.