Applications are now open for community members to join Melbourne Airport’s Community Aviation Consultation Group (CACGMA).
CACGMA provides a forum for two-way communication between the airport, relevant local, state and federal government representatives with members sharing feedback, local or technical knowledge and advice.
We’re looking for people with strong community ties to provide a range of perspectives on planning, development and operation of the airport.
Community groups, businesses, technical specialists and people with strong links to their local community are encouraged to apply. Meetings are generally held quarterly, currently on-line.
If you meet the criteria and have a keen interest in being involved, we would like to hear from you.
CACGMA aims to include representatives of community or interest groups, including those affected or potentially affected by airport operations who have experience or involvement in the following areas:
- Passenger experience
- Airport precinct employment
- Strategic transport planning
- Disability advocacy
- Culturally diverse communities
- Educational facilities
Applications may also be considered from people representing other communities or groups who feel they may be affected by airport operations.
All applicants should meet the following selection criteria:
- Demonstrated strong linkages to relevant community networks
- Demonstrated ability to participate effectively in an advisory capacity
- Proven ability to represent a broad range of views within the local community
- Proven understanding of the local community and its environment
- Willingness to keep abreast of airport and related activities using online tools
- No known or potential conflicts of interest
- Intent and ability to attend meetings and comply with the Terms of Reference and Code of Conduct
- Capacity to communicate a viewpoint and provide considered feedback within set timeframes.
- Provide two relevant referees.
How to apply
To apply, please send a written statement addressing the selection criteria, together with contact details for two referees to [email protected]
Applications close 30 October, 2021
Before applying for a position on the Melbourne Airport CACG we recommend you read the Terms of Reference and Code of Conduct - https://www.melbourneairport.com.au/Community/Community-Aviation-Consultation-Group