This document sets out the terms and conditions that apply to Melbourne Airport’s online booking system. These terms and conditions incorporate:
- conditions of entry to Car Parks which are displayed at the entry to Car Parks and are also available here and
- terms and conditions for any promotional or discount offer.
(Collectively, “the Terms”).
The Terms will be binding when:
- you have completed and submitted an online booking form on Melbourne Airport’s website at http://melbourneairport.com.au/; and
- Melbourne Airport has accepted your booking by providing confirmation of your booking number and receipt of payment.
3. Changes to Terms
Melbourne Airport reserves the right to change the Terms from time to time for future bookings. If the Terms are amended, the updated Terms will be displayed on our website at http://melbourneairport.com.au/. Please ensure that you check the Terms at the time of your booking.
4. Online Booking System
- Melbourne Airport provides an online booking system accessible at http://melbourneairport.com.au/ by which you may book a car park space in an available car park (a “Car Park”) subject to the Terms.
- Melbourne Airport does not guarantee:
- (i) that the online booking system will be available at all times; and
- (ii) the availability of car park spaces in Car Parks (the allocation of car park spaces may be exhausted from time to time and certain Car Parks may not be available).
- Melbourne Airport reserves the right to limit the number of online bookings per person.
5. No resale
You agree that you will not attempt to resell or market any booking, whether on its own or bundled with other products or services.
6. Price and payment
- The price shown when you are making an online booking (the “Quoted Purchase Price”):
- (i) is in Australian dollars;
- (ii) includes GST; and
- (iii) includes credit card processing fees (if applicable).
- By completing and submitting an online booking form with your credit card details, you are authorising Melbourne Airport to charge your credit card with the Quoted Purchase Price.
- Melbourne Airport may, from time to time, offer discounted or promotional rates in respect of allocated car park spaces. To the extent any terms and conditions governing these discounts or promotions differ from these Online Booking Terms and Conditions, this will be advised at the time of booking, and any such differences will prevail over these Online Booking Terms and Conditions in the event of any inconsistency. All such discounts and promotions are subject to limited availability depending on availability of car park spaces, and Melbourne Airport reserves the right to add or remove allocated car park spaces to or from the promotion, or to vary, amend or cancel promotional rates at any time for future bookings.
- Not all promotions available at Melbourne Airport will be available via the online booking system. Conversely, some promotions may be exclusive to the online booking system.
7. Arrival and exit
- Melbourne Airport does not issue tickets for online bookings.
- When you arrive at the Car Park in which you have booked a space, you must insert the same credit card used for your booking into the entry gate.
- Vehicles must be parked within marked bays only.
- When exiting the Car Park, you must insert the same credit card into the exit gate as you used upon entry.
- If you use the incorrect credit card either upon entry or exit, this credit card will be charged the drive-up rates for the Car Park (noting that these rates may vary from the rates quoted via the online booking system) as your booking will not be recognised and may not be entitled to a refund or credit on those charges. Click here for Melbourne Airport’s drive-up rates.
- You may arrive up to one hour before your booked entry time. If you arrive any earlier than the time prior to one hour before your booked entry time, you will be charged at drive-up rates (noting that these rates may vary from the rates quoted via the online booking system) and you will not be entitled to a refund or credit on those charges. Click here for Melbourne Airport’s drive-up rates.
- You may enter a Car Park after your booked entry time, or exit a Car Park before your booked exit time, without incurring any additional fees.
- If you exit a Car Park before your booked exit time (as confirmed by Melbourne Airport via email), you will not be entitled to a refund or adjustment.
- There is a 1 hour grace period for exit after your booked exit time. If you exit more than 1 hour after your booked exit time, you will be charged for the time beyond one hour after your booked exit time at Melbourne Airport’s Overstay Tariff Car Park rates (noting that these rates may vary from the rates quoted via the online booking system) and you will not be entitled to a refund or credit on those charges. Click here for Melbourne Airport Overstay Tariff Car Parks Rates.
- If you inadvertently park in the incorrect Car Park, you will be charged the drive-up rates (available here) for that Car Park and may not be entitled to a refund or credit on those charges.
- The online system only permits bookings for a maximum amount of 30 consecutive days (except for the Long Term Car Park, which has a maximum of 45 consecutive days).
- You may only enter and exit a Car Park once per Booking Period – if you exit a Car Park and re-enter a Car Park during a Booking Period, you will be charged the drive-up rates for the Car Park (noting that these rates may vary from the rates quoted via the online booking system) and you will not be entitled to a refund or credit on those charges.
8. Large/heavy Vehicles
Melbourne Airport only accepts cars and light vehicles up to 2.2m high and that are able to fit within the dimensions of a standard car park (5.4m x 2.4m). Please contact Melbourne Airport if you wish to make special arrangements to park a larger vehicle. If you make a booking and are unable to enter the Car Park because your vehicle does not comply with our height restrictions, you may not be entitled to a refund of or credit on that booking.
9. Car Park capacity
In the event that the Car Park you have booked has reached capacity prior to the commencement of the Booking Period, Melbourne Airport will use its best endeavours to locate an alternative Car Park at no extra charge to you. If you are required to park in a less expensive car park, Melbourne Airport will refund the difference.
10. Cancellations, amendments and refunds
Cancellation and refund terms vary depending on the type of fare you have booked. Cancellations and amendments may be made to your booking online by clicking “Manage my booking” and selecting the relevant option/s.
a. You may amend your booking up to 2 hours prior to your booked entry time. Where the purchase price for the new requested booking period or product:
- (i) exceeds the purchase price for the original booking, you will be required to pay the difference between these amounts; or
- (ii) is less than the purchase price for the original booking, you will be refunded the difference between these amounts.
b. You may make bookings up to 2 hours prior to your booked entry time.
11. No shows
If you make a booking and do not make use of that booking, your payment for that booking will still be processed and you may not be entitled to a refund or credit on those charges.
12. Limitation of Liability
In addition to any limitations or exclusions within the Terms and otherwise to the extent permitted by law, Melbourne Airport’s total liability to you will be limited to a refund of the Quoted Purchase Price for the Car Park booking.
Melbourne Airport gives no guarantee as to time taken to enter the Car Park or the availability or frequency of transport between the Car Park and the terminal building. To the extent permitted by law, Melbourne Airport is not liable to you for any reason for missed flights.
13. Your Responsibility regarding airline check in
- It is your responsibility to meet your airline’s check-in time and to allow sufficient time for unexpected delays including traffic congestion, limited Car Park capacity, accident or delays or suspension of transport services between the Car Park and the terminal (if any).
- We will have no liability to you if you miss your flight for any of the reasons set out in clause 13(a).
- We will only be liable for delay due to our wilful breach or fraud, in which case clause 12 will apply.
- In order to process your booking, Melbourne Airport requires personal information including your name, postcode, suburb, vehicle registration, phone number, email and credit card information. We also invite you to give us your flight details, but this is optional.
- Our Car Parks and associated areas are monitored by CCTV. These cameras are part of our general security and safety measures - they are not for the purpose of monitoring vehicles. Your attendance at our premises constitutes your acknowledgement of, and agreement to, this.
15. Contact Us
Any comments relating to the online booking system or Melbourne Airport Car Parks should be made in writing to us at http://melbourneairport.com.au/Contact-Us.html